Sunday, November 18, 2012

Romantic Look of a Waterfall Vanity

Wouldn't it be nice to go back to an era of simplicity and romantic elegance - when men were 'dashing' and the ladies were 'ladies'? I always get that feeling of nostalgia - not that I was from that "era"! - but, especially when I find a beautiful vintage vanity as one of my project pieces. You know the ones - with the large round mirrors and the bench. Ah, I imagine it to be such a romantic time! Well, maybe not so much more romantic than any other era, but I think the furniture of that time speaks volumes about the lifestyle.

This is the waterfall vanity I found a while back - remember how it had stuff etched into the wood surface and was missing the middle drawer? It was not a pretty sight!

BEFORE
Graffitti scratched top and missing middle drawer.

AFTER
This is my first project using the popular Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Other blogger's glowing testimonies convinced me to give it a try! It's absolutely every bit as wonderful as they said it was! It applies so easily, and covers very well. I did two coats on this piece and then gave it a good distressing with the sander. I also got Annie Sloan's clear wax, which is fabulous, too! What else can I say.... I'm a believer!



The original drawer pulls were in great condition and only needed a little clean up and buffing!
In place of the lost drawer, I used some plywood to make a deep shelf. A perfect place for small items.



A smooth surface shows no more evidence of words and drawings that had been scratched into the top!

I had a chair that would work perfectly with this vanity so I gave it a paint job and new seat covering!

It used to look like this......!

See? They were meant for each other! I even had some fabric scraps leftover to make a matching pillow!


Take a minute, and picture yourself sitting at this vanity, looking at your reflection in the mirror and imagine crystal jars of powder, jeweled perfume decanters on a mirrored tray - taking a big fluffy powder puff softly across your face and reaching for that glittering par fum bottle and surrounding yourself in a cloud of delicious fragrance............ Don't you just feel beautiful!


 Take time to treat yourself to something special.....some "ME TIME"!
Pamper yourself - you deserve it!

Sweet Dreams!
XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment