Friday, February 24, 2012

Do You Have The Time?

Does anybody else think that time is whizzing by way too fast?? Sometimes I feel like I've blinked and another week is gone! Well, I guess I must have had time on my mind when I was figuring out what to do with this nice all wood entertainment center! When I first saw it at Goodwill, I liked that it was small and had cabinet doors. I thought it would be the perfect size for me to work with. When it was being loaded up I realized that all that nice thick wood made it weight a lot a TON! At that point it was too late to change my mind! I'd have to find a way to wrestle it around by myself.

The cabinet was in really good condition as it was - but I had OTHER plans in mind for this piece!
You know that I couldn't just leave it in it's natural condition. So, off I went to get some paint. After priming it and applying a couple of coats of some shade of white paint, I sanded it for a slightly distressed look - which was ideal for the cabinet's rough wood construction. I made a shelf for the inside to fill the space where a TV would've gone. At that point, I had a change of plans - another hazard bad habit of mine!  This is where the time thingy comes in!!

The cabinet didn't have any door or drawer pulls so I decided to add them. The time-themed inspiration came to me when I spotted the door pulls with clock face replicas that I had in my junk stash! Luckily there were four of them! Yay! The random number stencils came from another idea I'd seen before and thought it would be a fun thing to add! You know... time? - numbers?... well, you get the idea!





REALLY!! A clock with no hands! A perfectly-imperfect match!

Until next TIME,

Enjoy each and every moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment