Sunday, September 22, 2013

COLORADO DREAMIN'



I don't think I showed you all the fun interesting times I had when I was out in CO this summer! I had a chance for a quick trip, so I drove out there to see my daughter and her husband, but also to work on my little vintage trailer! Did I say "WORK"? I mean, DOWN AND DIRTY GRUNGEY GUT JOB!! It was NASTY! Of course, it was SUPER HOT those days, too! WHOO-EE!

Here's the BEFORE.........very western-girly! YIKES!!! OUT IT GOES!
 
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? This stuff was molded into place!! TEAR IT OUT!!
 
RIP THOSE CABINETS OUT!! POOF! GONE!
 
 
Bench seats on both sides...............
 
G O N E!!
 
Flooring ripped out, paneling partially removed, cabinet doors taken out and heavy-duty stripping involved! Sanded and LOOKIN' GOOD!  Brain-stormed with Richard planning the re-do strategy!
That's his expertise! Poor guy! I must've changed my mind a KA-ZILLION times! Vinyl flooring or tiles? Bead board walls? - YES! Old tin ceiling tiles - come on! "What are you thinking?" NO? OKAY!! But, the chandelier STAYS!
 
Then I had to leave to get back here! Hopefully my ideas were LOUD AND CLEAR! I noticed he didn't write any of them down! ah, ha, ha, ha! He's a great son-in-law!! He'll make it beautiful - I have no doubt! Next time I get out there to CO, I'll be making the finishing touches. I CAN HARDLY WAIT! It'll be like having the playhouse I always wanted as a little girl!
 
Before I left CO, my daughter, Vicky, (that's her on the right) and I went to Palisade (another FAVORITE PLACE!) and picked up some peaches! Nothing better than Colorado peaches right out of the orchard!!
 
We stopped at the distillery in town and had a few samples of various vodkas - who knew they made so many different flavors?? It was interesting to hear about the whole process. I'm not much for drinking it straight - I'll take mine with some tonic and a twist of lime, please!
 
While we were imbibing, there was a torrential thunderstorm going on outside. When it was over, we headed down I-70 toward Glenwood Springs and got a few miles down the road when we noticed vehicles at a standstill ahead of us. A COMPLETE STOP! The heavy rains had washed over all lanes in BOTH directions. We weren't going any where!! After an hour of sitting in the middle of nowhere, we decided to turn around and go back - others had done it earlier, but we kept thinking certainly the road crews would get the road open soon! HA! Anyhoo.........we did get turned around. BIG PROBLEM! Mud slide on interstate the OTHER direction!  Good news was we were within a few miles of a turnoff that goes up over the pass into Cedaredge that eventually gets you over to Glenwood - ONLY 150 MILES OUT OF THE WAY!  Keeping our fingers crossed that no other roads were washed out - we finally made it to Vicky's place late that night. MAN, THOSE WERE SOME EXPENSIVE PEACHES!!
 
I always have good stories to share every time I go to CO! I love it!
 
 

 
 

Cruisin' down the highway singin' along to my favorite songs!
 
 

BeYOUtiful!
XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment