Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Birds of a feather or feathers of a bird





I collect bird feathers that I find
 on the ground when I'm out walking. 
Is the myth true that found feathers 
could be a message from the other side? 
Possibly from someone very close to you 
that has passed on? To let you know 
they're thinking of you?
Or do I pick it up just because I noticed how
 beautiful and colorful it is.

Recently, when I was finishing up my daily walk with 
Shelby, I took a shortcut to the house through the yard, 
which I usually wouldn't do with a lot of 
snow covering the ground.
As I walked under the towering pine and cottonwood trees,
I noticed a very bright orange and black feather
 laying on the ground.


It had a very detailed design and pointed tip.
I wondered what kind of bird it could have come from. 
I then thought to myself, for some reason,
I was meant to come this way and see this feather! 

The next day I mentioned finding the feather to Vicky
and described how vivid and colorful it was.
The day after that, she took a walk about a quarter mile away
from the house along the snow covered golf cart path 
and came across a pile of bird feathers
that had the same colors as the one I found!


I think it's unusual to find a bunch of undamaged 
feathers like this. We couldn't determine
 what type of bird they were from
and tried to figure out how they ended up there
so far from the one that I found! 


I noticed one of the smaller feathers 
had a PERFECT HEART pattern on the tip


It's still a mystery - where - why - and what. 
I would love to know if anyone has ever seen feathers
like these and knows what bird or hawk
they could be from.

I gathered up all the feathers and decided that because 
there must be a reason or meaning behind both of us
 finding them so far apart, I had to do 
something special with them!


I matched up the different patterns, sizes, and colors
and arranged them in a rustic barnwood frame.
 
***********
The next time you're out walking or
 hiking, look down around your surroundings.
You might be lucky enough find
a special message intended just for YOU!

XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment