Thursday, January 12, 2012

Quick Projects!

You can never have enough pillows! They're fun, they're stylish, they're colorful, and the more the better! I had some leftover fabric pieces from other sewing projects and put them all together. The backs of these pillows, which don't show in the photos, is striped fabric and plain muslin. I like to use every little scrap I can!

Love the French Script fabric!
A little creative trim and voila!!
 I have a 'sack stash' of old feed/seed sacks and chose one to use as a liner for this Farmer's Market Cart. This cart is larger than previous ones that I've done. Getting the right dimentions was a challenge - but after taking ripping the liner apart twice, I decided it was as close as I was going to get!  I used twine for the ties and to cover the handle to give it more of a country-look. It's the perfect thing to take to the farmer's market! You don't have to carry all those individual bags full of produce and juggle the fresh flower bouquet while browsing at all the edible goodies! Plus it's environmentally friendly - no plastic bags!!

Farmer's Market Cart

I LOVE MIRRORS! They make a small space seem larger and brighten up any sized room. It's not a VANITY thing! Although once in a while a quick look at your reflection may make you re-think that hairdo! Here are a couple of fun mirrors I re-did recently:


I decoupaged old dictionary pages on a framed mirror and added vintage buttons and a long strand of pearls.
 
Shimmering sheer leaves accent the ribbon rose embellishment. So sweet!

 This wall mirror was one of those dark stained pine pieces that were popular in the '80's. It had a little shelf attached where you could display knick-knacky things. I updated the look with some paint, some French trim, and a couple of white fleur-de-lis knobs. It would be ideal to use as a jewelry hanger - with a handy mirror!  Use it in the entryway for hats or scarves, or show off pretty guest towels in the bath.

I'll have more things to share with you next time!

Until then ..... Merci Beaucoup!

No comments:

Post a Comment