Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gold Rush Days


I've always wanted to go to the Gold Rush Days in Oronoco, MN ever since I first read about it! So last weekend, when I found out it was being held that weekend, I knew I just had to go! 1200 vendors with tons of junky stuff! I decided that maybe staying overnight would be fun, and I'm so glad that I did. I got my junk fix!!

 
Perfectly imperfect vintage furniture!
 

 
Fun, shabby chic stuff!
 
     
 
 

 
Rusted, crusted, junky finds!
 






Beautiful wicker pieces!
 



Truckload of old chippy-painted furniture and hen nesters!
  



Presentation by Sue Whitney of JunkMarket Style.



 
 
When I got there on Friday afternnon, I thought I'd check it out first. I was amazed to see how many vendors were crammed into this tiny little town! I got up early the next morning to do some serious shopping!
 
My attention span is that of a flea, so you can imagine how I could get easily distracted at an event like this! My head was spinning! I found a few things that I could turn into treasures, but I came away with a whole lotta new ideas!!
 
Of course, there were numerous food vendors, too! Just about anything you could possibly want to eat was here! My favorite?  You haven't tasted a true ice cream sandwich, until you've had one of Mama Meg's Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches! 2-DIE-4!!
 
I'm ready to go on another Junk Flea Market adventure! How about YOU?
 
Happy Trails to You!


XOXOX





No comments:

Post a Comment