Wednesday, November 6, 2013

REALLY??

I've got a lot whole pile of completed projects. But that doesn't stop me from starting another one - or five!!

I spied this desk chair on the curb when I was out garage sale-ing about a month ago.
It was in really good condition and only needed a good cleaning. You KNOW I couldn't
just leave it as it was, didn't you! I HAD TO PAINT IT!!
 
I decided to go with a more toned down version of previous desk chairs I've done.
 
It's more 'girly' colors! I kinda like how the colors compliment each other.
 
The chair is surprisingly comfortable to sit in!
 
A little tricky to embellish the legs! But I didn't want to leave them bare - it just wouldn't look right!
 
This little table is very old and I thought it was missing a drawer, but it turns out it's actually made to have an open shelf there. A unique piece. I'll let you know how it turns out!
 
 
I've been collecting old yardsticks from several of the 'junk' events that I've gone to. There are so many neat and unusual ways to use them - other than measuring something!!
 I saw this idea of making a coat rack with the yardsticks.
 
And I thought, this will be a great way to use some of the odd
   items in my "what the heck am I going to do with these" drawer!
 
 
 
Old drawer hardware, fun hooks, vintage coat hooks, and old outdoor water faucet knobs gathering dust now have a new purpose!
 

 
This is a shorter version - I ran out of yardsticks!  

My favorite thing is this vintage glass drawer pull. Adds a touch of **sparkle**!
 
A drawer front left over from another project became something useful. A short statement and to the point! You can never have enough signs!
 
 
 
Old luggage stand that I plan to turn into a map covered work of art! It'll be
part of my "travel" series of furniture!
 

OMGee! Laying on the curb - so I TOOK IT! Like new headboard made of solid wood!
Some people don't know the value of a beautiful piece they just toss it out............
thank you, though!

 
 
 
 
Until next time............
 
XXOO


No comments:

Post a Comment