Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cinco de Mayo


GOOD NEWS!
 
I told you last time that I had some news to share.............
 
Little Prairie Girl's Spring Grand ReOpening!
 
 
I've been to her events and was so impressed with
how she had transformed the barn
into a wonderland of
a variety of vendors repurposed junkiness
mixed perfectly with new must-haves!
 
There's a barn, a couple of 'hen' houses,
and some other buildings
that are going to be filled with
FABULOUS TREASURES!
 
AND....I'M GOING TO HAVE MY STUFF THERE, TOO!!
 
So, I loaded up my truck, and took off to the country!
I've got my space pretty much set up. 
 
This is how it looks so far....
I'm in the smaller 'Hen House' - hence the straw on the floor!
 
I hung an old screen door frame from the ceiling and used mini-lights and sheer fabric to decorate it.
I added a few old metal items to hang from it - minnow buckets, an old chicken feeder lid, and funnel - that would be perfect for turning into pendant light fixtures!
 
Two old screens hinged together surround my 'Manny'-kin, where I'll display my wine-cork necklaces.
Just a sampling of some of the wine-cork necklaces.
 
 
I've got a few more last-minute items to finish up.
 
 

Isn't this FUN!
It's an old wooden ironing board that I've made into a Wine Bar!
 
The wine bottle holder is made from pallet wood,
and I found it at the Habitat ReStore over by the Mississippi River!
I immediately knew how I would use it!
I added the old metal towel holder.
 
 
An old rake head serves as the wine glass holder!
I cleaned it up with a wire brush and gave it a coat of sealer.
The little 'chef' is a decorative vinyl stick-on - just for fun!
 
 
And where do you put the corks once the wine is all gone?
Why, in the handy wooden box, of course!
It could also hold the corkscrew and other paraphernalia. 
I added the 3-dementional grape cluster drawer pull for the ideal accent piece!
 
 
I purposely used the board with the large end at the top.
Usually, you'll see these re-purposed old ironing boards the other end up!
I wanted to use the metal ring on the back as a way of hanging
the Wine Bar on the wall. I think it'll work out swell!
 
 
I don't know why I gravitate towards large old frames,
I have several of them, but they can be used in
so many different ways.
 
 
This one is very simplistic - it can be used to display photos or memorabilia.
 
 
I love the ornate frames, and this one was in near perfect condition!
I had to put a new backing on it, then I covered that with cork sheeting,
and added the Parisianne printed burlap.
Very French Chic, oui?
 
 
I know there are several 'Junky' events going on this month,
and I hope you'll include the
LITTLE PRAIRIE GIRL SPRING GRAND REOPENING
on your list of the
BEST EVENTS TO ATTEND!!
 
 
VISIT ME AT MY BOOTH....I'D LOVE TO SEE YOU THERE!
 
 
LOVE ONE ANOTHER! 
 
 
 
XXOO


No comments:

Post a Comment