Monday, May 4, 2015

SPRING FEVER!


 
It's been the perfect spring weather the last few days! Makes you want to kick up your heels!!
 
 
Time to start gardening!
 

 
Get out the garden tools! Get your hands dirty!
 
I'm trying to be patient, not get in a hurry to put plants in the ground.
I know we could still have some frosty nights - not good for tender young plants!
 
  
I grow what I eat.
 
 
I also grow what HE eats! Pesky little rabbits!
 
 
Before the gardening gets done, I've been working on more new projects.
 
I showed you this luggage rack with the tray top.
(that's blue painter's tape around the inside of the tray! I almost forgot to take a 'before' shot!)
 

This is the luggage rack  BEFORE 
 
Here's what I did to it........
 
The blue is actually a lighter shade. I gave it some heavy distressing and
used a dark finishing wax to make it more aged.
 
I replaced the original straps with burlap upholstery webbing.
That stuff is strong!

I chose a vintage road map and decoupaged it to the tray top.
See where my mind was going with this...luggage, travel, map..... 
Bah, ha, ha, ha!
 
Close up of the map - I kept it in one large piece rather than a lot
of torn up pieces. It has some well-worn creases in it!
Someone must have used it a lot while traveling!
 
Here's the 'before' photo of the sewing cabinet I found at the thrift store.
 
This is how it turned out......
Not such a good shot - it was cold outside and I didn't take it
very far out of the garage! I mixed up my own creamy color concoction
and used a wheat color for the accent.

I left the style the same rather than try to reconfigure it. Cut a
piece of plywood to fill in the opening where the sewing machine had been.
 
And then I decoupaged printed paper of French writing onto that section of the top.
 

I reused the original drawer hardware. The design matched the
style of the cabinet so well.
 
I got this chair the other day - it'll work perfectly with the desk!
I've already got it painted to match and replaced the
fabric seat. I haven't taken photos of it yet! They go well together!
 
This old window had been in my garage for quite awhile.
I wanted to do something different with it, but every time I took it out
and looked at it, I couldn't get the 'right' image in my mind,
so I'd put it back along the wall.
Then, I took it out just the other day and IT HIT ME!
No, not the window....THE IDEA!
I love how it turned out! Very feminine with a romantic flair. 
Using various antique drawer hardware for holding and displaying
your jewelry makes it very unique.
 
This piece is so old, the painted floral design is almost worn off. It has
beautiful patina. It would be a lovely way to show-off necklaces or scarves!

When I saw these in an antique store, (there were 3 pairs of them)
 I had to have them!  They're old silverware spoons with the handles
bent around to be used as drawer pulls.
Notice the initial 'K' engraved on the end of the spoon.
I knew they'd be the perfect addition to this piece!
 
I've still got more great stuff to show you!
And, I've got some VERY INTERESTING NEWS for you
about an upcoming event that I'm going to participate in!
 
YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT TILL NEXT TIME!
 
 


XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment