Friday, August 9, 2019

Living up to the 'Junksister' name!

Over the years, I've repurposed, refurbished, repaired, and redone hundreds of items! I still can't drive by any forlorn item cast to the curbside, and I still get a thrill of the hunt for treasures in out-of-the-way places! It's just in my DNA makeup!! I can thank my mom for that - she loved to peruse all the thrift shops for unique and unusual items to fix up and paint to furnish our home.

Living here on Colorado's Western Slope, has it's challenges finding the amount of antique and vintage project pieces that are in such abundance in the Midwest. But, I've managed to find enough to work my magic on and turn them from sad to happy and beautiful again!

The first couple of years I participated as a vendor at a few occasional sales where some of my creations found new homes...

This fabulous farmhouse-style cupboard had sat out in a horse barn for years!
Caked with barnyard mud that smelled really bad!
It cleaned up nicely and got a fresh, new look!
I shoulda kept this one!!

Before
After
Even a once ugly old brown wood cabinet
can be made beautiful - dress it up
with some white paint and chicken wire!
It's new owner loves it!

I've got a big love for old dressers with mirrors!
This sweet petite little one went to a pretty little pre-teen girl!


This was a very large old window that I painted pink
and added the perfect nostalgic little rhyme.
Found a loving home!



  
I actually had to re-paint this old vanity a different color before it got sold!


I walked along the river to cut and gather armloads of
red-twig willow branches to make these wreaths! They were a big hit!
Guess I'll have to go cut some more in the fall!



Old wood window panes are very popular, even if
they're missing some glass! I'll have to make a trip back to the Midwest
to find more of these old barn window treasures!


I hope you enjoyed seeing just a few of my past creations - (you can see more on 'older posts'!) I have some NEW projects in the works right now that I think you'll really like! Stop by again, for more info on an upcoming SALE!

Until next time, take care, and be happy!


XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment