Monday, September 30, 2019

NE Junk Jaunt!


I spent the 3-day weekend at the
   Nebraska Junk Jaunt - a 300 mile loop
covering the middle of the state.

A true 'Junker' starts scouting for sales at the crack of dawn!

I'm not THAT ambitious -
but I did see this bright Nebraska sunrise!


Traveling along the Interstates may get you
 to the places you want to go faster, but navigating the
country back roads in search of  'junky treasures'
is WAY MORE INTERESTING!
 
Sure, you might see a lot of this...
 


And encounter some of this...
 
Railroads seem to be prevalent
in almost every NE town.



This could be a bit of a wait,
 with a LONG string of cars full of coal!
 
On country roads you'd also get to see this...
 
 a few biggo barns - most of them not being used...
 
 
and a lot of these abandoned farm houses,
thanks to big corporate farming.

 

 
AND THEN - I SAW IT!
A SIGN FOR A JUNK JAUNT SALE!
 
This was my first stop!
WOO-HOO!!
Rusty, crusty, dusty treasures!

Really old (and uncomfortable!) tractor seats!
 
Old farmhouse furniture - so cool!
 
DOORS! As you may already know, I have an
unusually strong attraction to old doors!


 
Another back-roads place full of 'junky finds!

In two days of back road driving, I visited
about a third of  the 35 participating towns,
 and a select few 'junky' places
in each one!

I ended up with a few special finds
most of which I intend to
re-do for myself!


Marathon junking can be exhausting!
After a full day of driving, enjoying some
very scenic country, and seeing fabulous junky stuff,
it's great to get back to the hotel
to relax and unwind!

A beautiful Nebraska sunset is the perfect end
to an exhausting, but fun 'junky' day!

 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment